-
The panel announced during a status hearing Friday that it will go ahead with in-person oral arguments, even though two sets of plaintiffs had said earlier in the week that the case could be decided solely on the briefs and written testimony that have already been filed.
-
The proposals were submitted as a part of the lawsuits challenging the state's new legislative district maps and would create more majority Latino and Black districts.
-
The first hearing is set for Nov. 5 in Macoupin County.
-
The president of the Illinois Education Association said it believes the governor’s vaccine mandate was legal and necessary to provide the best educational environment for students.
-
The lawsuit describes Zach Schneider’s death as a “preventable tragedy.”
-
“More than anything else, these lawsuits are major distractions for school districts that are working harder than ever to provide students an education in school in a safe manner,” said the district’s attorney.
-
The plan adopted Tuesday night was the third draft of a redistricting plan that had been introduced in the span of 48 hours. Voting rights advocates say they didn’t have enough time to review the new maps.
-
Two county Republicans allege Democrats conspired to dilute conservative presence in some districts in the newly proposed redistricting map.
-
The lawsuit, which was filed in 2019, cost the county at least $300,000 before the settlement was reached.
-
Steven Korte was found not guilty of all charges. Christopher Myers was acquitted on the most serious charge. Both counts against Dustin Boone resulted in a mistrial.